Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Almost Time!

So I had my baseline US and B/W on Monday, things look really good right now. No cysts! I was surprised, the tutorial made things seem easier than what I imagined. I'm sure the first injection (or first few) might be nerve-wracking, but hopefully a little less now that I have a better idea of what to expect.

The nurse who did the injections tutorial sounded pretty confident they could get me to ovulate (then again, I don't know that I've heard of people not responding to injections? I could have just missed those stories though). She just said it may take a while, and happen later in the cycle than we'd anticipate. I'm fine with that though, I'm just excited at the possibility of a chance.

I feel like it's been so long and we're so far into this, yet at the same time we're not because there's never really been that chance. That's the really sucky part of not ovulating. I'm sure two week waits are hard, and so are periods when you were full of hope. I've never really had the chance to even experience that anticipation. In the beginning, I really became hopeful at my long cycles (thinking maybe I was wrong, maybe I did ovulate but just missed the signs somehow?) but with all the negative pregnancy tests, and the cycle days passing up 50, then 60, then 70... somewhere in that process the hope really fades, until there isn't any at all.

This cycle is really bringing us hope though, and it's kind of a nice change.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you should finally have a chance!! Boy oh boy do I understand how you feel - after all the work and the time and energy you put in, it really sucks that there was never actually any chance because of anovulation. I completely understand. I'm so excited and hopeful for you this time! yay for a great baseline!

    ReplyDelete