Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Two Week Wait? For Real?!

Ugh, soooo much has happened lately, things have been crazy. I was up and down with hope and also cynicism that this cycle would be another waste.

But, I am happy to report that today is officially 1 DPO. That's right. My first ever two week wait!

These past two months have been extremely nerve wracking. In fact, we got a similar call this Sunday as we did last month. One follicle was just at maturity, but there were 5 others still (not fully mature). We decided to take a gamble and just try. Even to the people we've been more open with about our treatments, we've been very selective about who we've told about this decision. It makes sense at this point though, since we don't want people waiting around and questioning what happened, since that is too much stress and pressure.

I called the nurse back Tuesday to let her know I decided to trigger. When I spoke with her Sunday she said if we did, we needed to do so Sunday night and should be ovulating on Tuesday. And to call her back Tuesday to let her know what we decided. We are hoping we won't be in a situation where a selective reduction is necessary, and it was a very hard call to make whether to go through with this cycle (again). From when I spoke with the nurse Tuesday, she said because my E2 levels were lower (they had cut my dose way down the days prior to having a mature follicle) that could make the possibility of too many hopefully less likely. So, just hoping for the best.

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine how difficult that decision was! But I am thrilled for you to finally be in a 2WW!! I know just how exciting that feels after years without... I'm so happy and hopeful for you! And I do hope that the E2 levels are indicative of maybe just 1 or 2 mature eggies :-) FX!!!!

    ReplyDelete