Wednesday, May 6, 2015

It's my birthday! Also, news.

I've been hiding something from the blogging world for a short while: it worked. That's right, our cycle worked. We've been somewhere between shock and excitement for the past few weeks.

I'm impatient, so of course I ended up testing at 10dpo. It was midday, and I saw the faintest (I mean, squinting-in-the-sunlight) line:
The faint line seemed to get darker past the normal viewing time.

That was Friday night (4/17). I took a FRER on Saturday morning, and there was a much more obvious second line. I hesitated for a while, still not letting myself get excited but also in shock. There's always the possibility of the HCG trigger shot still being in your system, but because of bloating etc. the nurse told us no to take the second trigger-- so it had been 12 days since taking it. From what I've read, it doesn't stay in your system longer than 8-10 days. Still, I tested again Sunday to be sure and called my RE's office on Monday morning, and they had me come in for my first beta on Tuesday. It was 134, and they brought me in every four days after that. Second beta was 873, and third and final beta was 3,767!!

Because I'm paranoid, it was nice to see the line getting darker!

I am done with betas now, and go in for my first ultrasound tomorrow morning. I am so nervous but also excited, I will only be 6w2d then but hoping we will hear a heartbeat. 

While we've announced to our family and a few close friends already, we will be holding off a while-- at least until the end of the first trimester-- to announce to everyone else, and make things "Facebook Official". I hope this ultrasound is reassuring for us!

It's really hard to keep this to ourselves, especially considering we have so many people who have been praying for us through infertility and know what we've been going through. But it's not long to wait, since I'll be out of the first tri by the end of June. All the days seem to be slowly creeping by since we found out, so June might be further than we think!

1 comment:

  1. Haha "...also news" like, "oh, by the way". Congratulations again!! yayayayay!!! Such a great birthday present :-)

    ReplyDelete