Sunday, October 25, 2015

30w5d

I haven't been that great at updating on here, I know it's been a long time. I'm not a very responsible blogger anymore, but I'm not sure I ever was anyway! Perhaps when I was working less? It's become less and less of a priority. 

So far, everything has been going well. I'm in the third trimester, the baby (it's a boy!) is measuring right on track, I passed my glucose test and aside from some expected symptoms, I'm feeling well. I can't believe how quickly things can change like this. It was like, once we found the right "formula" to make this happen, it just did.

Our shower will be Nov 7th, and I'm really excited but still shocked that is where we're at right now. I always had hope, or tried to at least, but with the pattern we seemed to go through every year I didn't expect this one to be any different. And Christmas has been the hardest every year for us, and I can't believe we're due at the exact time that has depressing for me these past three years. The first Christmas, I was somewhat hopeful-- but it was right after my PCOS diagnosis that November. I thought knowing a diagnosis would be the key to getting on the right path for treatment. Following that holiday season, I had my first RE appointment in January. I had hope for that too. We had a few unresponsive cycles, then we paused and bought a house and I landed a new job associated with my new degree. A lot after that was a blur, including 2014 which was the year I really started to have problems with my cycles. Which coincidentally started around Christmas, and lasted for months. 

I was just thinking back to last year, and how I kind of realized that Halloween is the opener to the kid-centric holiday season. It was pretty depressing to go through the rest of that year, and I really was losing hope. Especially with the lingering 3 year mark that was coming up in February (ironically Valentine's Day, which wasn't for "romantic" reasons just the start of the first of many disappointing cycles!) 

In January of this year, and perhaps inspired by another depressing holiday season, we resumed treatment and by April, found out that we'd finally had success. It was a double success in that it was also the first time we'd actually found something that made me ovulate. It was a relief to finally have that chance.

I couldn't help myself, and I tested very early that cycle-- the line was so faint it could have easily been mistaken for an evap line. I bought a First Response test for the next morning, and sure enough... A faint, but obvious line. It seems like we just found out, but at the same time, we're already nearing the end. 

I love the reassurances-- feeling kicks every day, the ultrasounds we've had, and hearing the heartbeat at my appointments. I think it's finally starting to sink in, but might not entirely until he's here. 

I promise I will try to update more, but don't quote me on it 😉 Getting ready for Halloween, and the shower right after-- it's going to be a whirlwind in this holiday season. 
For fun, here's my "costume" this year:

No comments:

Post a Comment