Wednesday, May 20, 2015

RE Graduate

Today was my last appointment with the RE. My regular RE is out of town this week unfortunately, so I saw one of the other doctors briefly. Everything looks great, it's crazy to see the growth between two weeks ago and today. It's actually starting to look like a baby now!

Heartbeat was 176bpm, and I still haven't heard it yet but I could definitely see the flutter. It'll only be two weeks until the appointment with my new OB. Everything right now is looking really good, which is a relief. It's funny how there really isn't that much time between appointments (2 weeks lately) but it feels like a long time, and I really start to wonder if everything is ok.

I was worried for a while that I wasn't feeling sick, but it seems that it's not that uncommon to feel ok. Of course, the next day I woke up and felt pretty nauseous. I spent all weekend laying in bed and didn't accomplish anything around the house. I plan on laying around very soon again, every day seems to take a lot out of me.

Of course, I couldn't leave the RE without getting slapped with a pretty hefty bill. As far as I know, that's part one of two, but at least I know what to expect. I'm just thankful that my insurance covered something, even if it was a very small portion and very sporadic. It seemed like they'd cover part of an ultrasound, or part of bloodwork and the next EOB for a different DOS wouldn't be covered at all.

I do however have two unopened boxes of Ovidrel in my fridge still, and knowing they supply loaner pens, I forgot to ask if they could be donated for either that purpose or for patients whose insurance doesn't cover them.

No comments:

Post a Comment