Thursday, May 7, 2015

First Ultrasound

Had my first ultrasound this morning-- baby is measuring exactly 6w2d (which lines up perfectly with late ovulation date). We didn't get to hear the heartbeat, but we got to see the flicker, and the tech told us it was beating at 118bpm. Such a relief! Here's a picture, though he/she doesn't look like much more than a gummy bear at this point:
It's that tiny little blob, next to the small open circle (yolk sac).

So of course, we are very excited and it's beginning to feel a little more real now. I'm having some trouble finding a new doctor, hopefully that doesn't end up being too hard to do. It's weird when you work at a place with it's own insurance plan, but they just expanded our network after a merger with another hospital. So I have to ask if places participate when I call, but I don't know if everyone I talk to truly knows what I'm talking about. If I don't have any luck soon, I will end up calling my insurance and seeing what they say.

1 comment: